Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default All words and Symbols of keybord should be added to Auto Shapes

Suggestions are both for Word and Excel where applicable. These suggestions
are mostly based on office 2000.
1. Word count should be in Excel too and should give such information like
- How many characters are there in a cell,
E.g. How many €œa€, €œA€, €œb€, €œB€ Etc. are there in a cell
- How many symbols are there in a cell,
E.G. How many €œ!€ €œ+€ €œ=€ Etc. are there in a cell.
- How many Upper case characters
- Lower
- Vowels
- Vyanjan
- Spaces
- Size in KB
- Is any formula used in the cell? If yes then how many sub formulas are
there in a main formula?

In Microsoft word above mentioned points should be given as a result word
count.

2. There should more divider sticks while we split the work sheet (both
vertical and horizontal) we can select that how many divider sticks we want,
both vertical and horizontal

3. Hide and Unhide actions should also be repeated if we press F4 or there
should another button that repeats the action of Hide €“ Unhide.
4. When we cut, then there should a facility of Paste Special same as like
€œCopy€.
5. Freeze pan action should be used more than one time at a time both
horizontal and vertical. In short Freeze Pan should also be used for 2 or
more times.
6. Transpose should have an extra facility to transpose the selected cells
from down to up and up to down.
Like,
1
2
3
4
5
Can be transposed as
5
4
3
2
1

Dream. The programming made in excel should be converted in to C, C++, VB,
JAVA & All other languages. Excel Should be the common platform for all other
languages.
7. Suppose some rows and columns are hidden. In this situation there should
an option in which we can copy only visual cells and paste them anywhere.
Same way Paste Special should have an option to paste on only visual cells.
8. Paste Special should have an option to write only value of formula like,
=a1+c3, =if(g1<4,g2,h4) etc.

9. There should an option that allows not to save in selected cell
10. There should an option of Unhide from this to that. (This line to that
line)
11. Remove Border in Different Shape: We can draw borders in excel. There
should an option to remove border in the same manner we draw. Like we can
draw border in square shape then removing that border in square shape should
also be made available.
12. Formula For making any number two digits, three etc digits by putting 0
in the left side of a number. Like if we want to make 1 in 4 digits, 0001
should be the formula result

13. When formula is long, and the formula bar is full then the formula
display begins in the second line and therefore we cannot see row name A, B,
C, D then it becomes difficult to check the formula. There should something
helpful.

14. When we press f2 to see the formula then the next few cells in the right
side are becomes invisible to see the box. There should be something trick to
see those cells.
15. Unhide should be done from both upper and lower side. (One by one and
from €œthis to that€ option should be available.)
16. Formula- write the text from a cell till €œ €œ(Two Spaces come) or Write
the sentence till €œ&€ not come.
17. What changes have made within the worksheet that should be maintained.
We can also recover our work from that point. So there should two kind of
€œSAVE€ 1. Internal Save that can help us not to loose any entered data. If
electricity gone or any thing else then entered data will be lost. 2.
External Save that we are already using as €œSAVE€.
18. Replace Option should have a facility to replace more than one thing
together at one time. Like if selected criteria contains a5=1,a5=2,a5=3 if we
want to replace 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 3 to 1, then we have to replace 3 times.
If we replace 1 to 3 or 3 to 1 at first time then there will be problem that
we can not replace 3 to 1 or 1 to 3 otherwise all 1s will be 3s or all 3s
will be 1s. So if there is a option like
Replace 1
Replace 2
Replace 3
And more in a single selection at a time, then there will be no problem.
19. Find, Replace, Goto windows should be displayed on the top of the screen
when used. Because of that window, we cannot see data near the displayed area
because there is a window of Find, Replace or Goto. We have to move that
window. If from the beginning that window is displayed on the top or the
bottom of the screen, because the word, which we have to find, is displayed
in the middle of the screen.
Or there is another way that the found data should be displayed from the top.
In short the found data (result) should not behind the window.

20. There should an option in the popup menu of the right click (Spelling or
Grammar Mistake €“ Red or Green Underline)
Ignore All and Cut
Copy
So we dont have to copy or cut the word again after ignoring the
underline.

21. Increase Indent and Decrease indent should have a selection to skip
minimum space (as one space).
22. There should an option to make bold or differ the words those are
grammatically false or having spelling mistakes.
E.g. we select a paragraph, when we click the right mouse button then in the
pop up menu there should an option to differ the words those are under lined.
There should two options, one for green and one for red. So that if we copy
the text at any other place like in paint brush or compose e-mail box or any
other place, we can differentiate those words.
23. Drawing toll bar should have another button like €œSquare€ by which we
draw a square.But the square about which I am telling should have an extra
facility to show the height and length of the square exactly connected with
that square. We can also change the parameters like inches, foot, and
centimeters etc in compressed form. Whichever parameter we want to use should
make available to us.At least it should provide an approximate figure of the
square.
24. In Microsoft word there should be a facility to give Name or Identity to
any selected Paragraph, line, or any character or criteria.

Example. Here is given the paragraph.

I believe in hearing great ideas of an ordinary man who just knows what he
wants to do. He doesnt know the proper words or style what he wants to say.
He always tries to explain the thing what he wants to do, in any style or
format. It is the duty of the authority to respond him in a proper manner.

Step €“ by €“ step.
1. Select the paragraph.
2. Right click on the selection.

3. Here I want to suggest a button in the pop up menu named €œGIVE IDENTY€ or
anything like that.
4. While clicking on that button word will ask us to give a name or identity
to that selected paragraph. (or line or any character, number, criteria etc.)
5. There should be a place in which the name is displayed while the cursor
is moving on from that paragraph which has given a name. Just as like the
Column no, Page No. is displayed on line.

Assume that we have given a name or identity to above paragraph as €œBook
Name €“ Reference€.
Now when the cursor is on that paragraph, €œBook Name €“ Reference€ will be
displayed on the screen at the lower right part of the screen.

25. The word €œwell wisher€ in Microsoft word contains mistake while
indicates the grammar check (Green) line. While we right click on the green
underlined word €œwell wisher€, the MS Word suggests €œwell-wisher€. Again the
word €œwell-wisher€ becomes green underlined word!! And asks for check the
grammar. When we again make right click on €œwell-wisher€, it again asks for
€œwell wisher€!
26. If we type €œI€ instead of €œin€, €œI€ becomes an uppercase character. It
is necessary. But when we use backspace to type €œin€ the €œI€ does not become
in lowercase character. It may also necessary. I just want to say that if it
is possible to convert the uppercase €œI€ into lowercase €œI€ while
backspacing, then it will help a lot to the users.
If again we give space after €œI€, it should become an uppercase €œI€.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

#7. There is a way to copy only visible cells. Highlight the area to be
copied, then use the Go To Feature (keyboard shortcut Control G or Edit Menu
/ Go To) and click on Special. Selection the option for Visible Cells and
press OK. Now you can use Copy to get only visible cells. The same feature
can be used to Paste only to visible cells (with some limitations.)