Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I force trailing zeros in an Excel cell?

My accounting people have set up an excel spread sheet. woth part numbers.
Many of them end in a "0". Ex; 2211.11520
and if you click on a cell with a number ending in 0 , the zero goes away on
the edit line.
When I copy and past this numeric column into other Excels or import into
other applications the Trailing 0 is gone. Any one out there know a way I can
convert or format or save this column and it will keep the trailing zeros,
Note: when I convert the column from a number to text the trailing zeros
drop off.
Help!