Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
tengel

Default plotting 'random' data on a linear x-axis

I have a table (as shown below) and I'd like to do a simple line plot. I'd
like to be able to plot this with linear x and y axes with the data points as
shown in the table. Excel wants to evenly space the rows in my table along
the x-axis. How can I get it to use the value in column A for the position
of the data point on the x-axis?

x-axis y-axis
128 1572.58
192 1178.92
256 785.25
360 465.15
480 324.03
512 303.30
600 257.99
750 211.37
960 146.10
1600 99.27
1920 75.86
2880 54.82
3840 43.98

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

You need an XY not a Line chart. ( a very common error - Microsoft should
change the name!)
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme