Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do change a column of data in capitol letters to small letters

Is there a way to highlight a column of data that is in capitol letters and
change to small letters?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

use the fuinction =lower(range) to change to lower case.

"Barb P." wrote:

Is there a way to highlight a column of data that is in capitol letters and
change to small letters?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do change a column of data in capitol letters to small let

I'm sorry can you be more explicit? Do I highlight the column? Do I simply
type, =lower(D3:D200) ????? UGH!

"Barb P." wrote:

Is there a way to highlight a column of data that is in capitol letters and
change to small letters?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the column is A

In B1 enter =LOWER(A1)

Double-click on B1 fill handle to copy down.

When happy with results, select column B and copypaste special(in
place)valuesOKEsc

Delete column A

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:13:01 -0800, Barb P. <Barb
wrote:

Is there a way to highlight a column of data that is in capitol letters and
change to small letters?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Must be done one cell at a time.

See my response to first post.

Or with a macro you can change a range in place without the helper column.

If you would like a macro, post back.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP