Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dj dj is offline

Default Changing Row Height/Column Width

Before Excel 2007, in older versions, you could see the row height or column
width change before your eyes with an screen tip indicator while you
positioned the mouse pointer on the line between the rows or columns then
clicking and dragging to increase or decrease height/width. As you drag the
line the number of pixels & units was displayed in a screen tip.

Now it seems Excel 2007 doesn't do that. Or is there a way to enable this?
If not, why would they disable a valuable time-saving function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I see the same screen tip when making row height change (or column width) in
both Excel versions
In XL 2007, try Office button / Excel Options / Popular / top group, check
setting for 'screen tip style
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"DJ" wrote in message
Before Excel 2007, in older versions, you could see the row height or
column
width change before your eyes with an screen tip indicator while you
positioned the mouse pointer on the line between the rows or columns then
clicking and dragging to increase or decrease height/width. As you drag
the
line the number of pixels & units was displayed in a screen tip.

Now it seems Excel 2007 doesn't do that. Or is there a way to enable
this?
If not, why would they disable a valuable time-saving function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dj dj is offline

Thanks, Bernard -

I tried all 3 options in "ScreenTip style" and none of them seems to enable
seeing the pixels/units resizing measurements while dragging to widen or
narrow either the column width or row height.

Excel Options
Popular
Top options for working with Excel
ScreenTip style

+-- Show feature descriptions in ScreenTips
+-- Don't show feature descriptions in ScreenTips
+-- Don't show ScreenTips

None of these 3 are doing the trick. Maybe I have a faulty version of Excel
2007? Or I need to change some hidden code or registry file(s)?

"DJ" wrote in message
Before Excel 2007, in older versions, you could see the row height or
column width change before your eyes with an screen tip indicator while you
positioned the mouse pointer on the line between the rows or columns then
clicking and dragging to increase or decrease height/width. As you drag
the line the number of pixels & units was displayed in a screen tip.

Now it seems Excel 2007 doesn't do that. Or is there a way to enable
this?
If not, why would they disable a valuable time-saving function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

DJ:-
I have experimented with two other computers; all show the column/row size
when I make an adjustment
Do you see a screen tip at other times? Let the mouse pointer hover over
Paste (to the left of the Home tab) and you should see a tip for Paste.
Is your problem reproducible with another file?
Have you got any odd monitor setting (like high contrast)?
Are you using Vista with Aero on?
Sorry for the Spanish Inquisition but I would love to know the cause of your
problem.
best wishes
--

"DJ" wrote in message
Before Excel 2007, in older versions, you could see the row height or
column width change before your eyes with an screen tip indicator while
you
positioned the mouse pointer on the line between the rows or columns
then
clicking and dragging to increase or decrease height/width. As you
drag
the line the number of pixels & units was displayed in a screen tip.

Now it seems Excel 2007 doesn't do that. Or is there a way to enable
this?
If not, why would they disable a valuable time-saving function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dj dj is offline

Yes, I can see screen tips when the cursor hovers over Paste. All my Excel
files are not allowing me to see the pixel count. I don't have any odd
setting like high contrast. I do have Vista (Home Premium) with Aero on,
which is the default setting when I got the laptop.