Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup Function with Multiple Reference Columns

I posted a question a few days ago, but didn't get an answer so let me give
more detail. I am trying to do a Vlookup in B1 in Worksheet 2 that
references a table in worksheet 1. The reference value though can be found
in either column A, B or C and the results (output) will be three columns
away from the reference column of the table. The Vlookup function looks at
the most left column of the table (so column A). How do I get the function
to look in A, B, C and return a value three columns over from the column it
found the reference value.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Worksheet 1
A B C D
E F
1 A Code B Code C Code A Results B Results C Results
2 T3ATRHYX T3BTRHYX T3CTRHYX 0.0909 0.1053 0.1739
3 T3ABCHYX T3BBCHYX T3CBCHYX 0.4545 0.3947 0.3478
4 T3ABCITX T3BBCITX T3CBCITX 0.3636 0.3947 0.3478

Worsheet 2

A B C
Code Results Input Column OutPut Column
1 T3ATRHYX 0.0909 1 4