Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Defining X axis in Charts

I am using Office XP's Excel and this is probably a stupid question but
I cannot find the answer on my own.

I am creating a line chart from data in Excel where the X axis is a
series of dates. Yet using the Chart Wizard all I can get the X to show
is consecutive numbers (1.3.5.7.9.etc.) Is there a way to make the X
axis show the data in a corresponding column of data that I have within
Excel? There seems to be no place I can assign this date data to the X
axis so it shows up there instead of consecutive numbers Excel creates
for the X axis.

Hope I am clear.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Thank you. Found it under Series/ Category X labels which I had missed.

Jeff

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in
message