Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Net working capital with correct level of maintenance cash

cell A1 current assets = 10,000
cell A2 current liabilities = 13,000
cell A3 cash =30,000
cell A4 cost of goods sold is 50,000
Cell A5 maintenance cash = ?
cell A6 a formula that reutrns net working capital = CA - CL + maintenance
cash

Is there simple way to always keep NWC positive, but no more than 2000, by
using excess cash? For example, what formula would allocate 5000 from cash
(not subtract from cash) as maintenance cash and add it to NWC, so I get 2000?

what i've done, but is not working: formula in cell a6:
=if(and(a1-a2<0,.25*A4<a3),a1-a2+(.25*a4),a1-a2+some minimum level of cash
assuming there is enough cash for that minumum level)

this formula does nothing for me -- I've nested this formula into other
permutations, but some variable always makes it wrong. Any suggestions?

There is one more tricky issue -- it has to do with maintenance cash
maintaining some kind of relationship to COGS, lets get to that later if
anyone's interested.

thaniks for taking a look... SteveC