Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change Work Book Caption

Change Work Book Caption

Hi

I have a pair of misc items.

1) At the very top of any workbook we see "Microsoft Excel -
filename.xls"

I know this will get rid of Microsoft Excel:

Code:
--------------------
Application.Caption = "My Name"
--------------------

But the file name still shows up, eg "My Name - filename.xls"

Is there a way to get rid of the file name as well?

And the second item:

I have a couple of scroll down lists from cells with validation data.
But they stop at 8. Is there a way to increase the number of items that
can be initially viewed? And can the text of the scroll down list be
formatted?

Thanks!

tx

--
tx12345
tx12345's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24776

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ActiveWindow.Caption = "My Workbook"

or ActiveWindow.Caption = ""

8 lines is max for DV drop-downs without scrolling.

No, you cannot format the text in a DV drop-down.

For workarounds and more options using a combo-box, see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal08.html#Larger

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:11:50 -0400, tx12345
wrote:

Change Work Book Caption

Hi

I have a pair of misc items.

1) At the very top of any workbook we see "Microsoft Excel -
filename.xls"

I know this will get rid of Microsoft Excel:

Code:
--------------------
Application.Caption = "My Name"
--------------------

But the file name still shows up, eg "My Name - filename.xls"

Is there a way to get rid of the file name as well?

And the second item:

I have a couple of scroll down lists from cells with validation data.
But they stop at 8. Is there a way to increase the number of items that
can be initially viewed? And can the text of the scroll down list be
formatted?

Thanks!

tx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the tip.

Do you know how to change the little excel image icons in the upper
left hand corner (two of them)?

Thanks again!

tx

--
tx12345
tx12345's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24776
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=571587

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have not heard of a method to get rid of the image icons.

Question has been asked many times but never seen a reply other than the above.

Gord

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:48:52 -0400, tx12345
wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

Do you know how to change the little excel image icons in the upper
left hand corner (two of them)?

Thanks again!

tx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Maybe here..........

http://www.danielklann.com/excel/change_xl_icon.htm

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

Do you know how to change the little excel image icons in the upper
left hand corner (two of them)?

Thanks again!

tx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

You're welcome Gord..........Lucky find, just happened to Google-it the right
way for once.......<G......actually, now that I've got it, I think I'll
start using it for some of my custom programs.......what the hey!.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3