Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting Numbers and Fractions in Excel

How can I display a cell with the number 2.5 as 2 lbs 8 ounces?

Thanks
Alfredo Livas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=INT(A1)&" lbs "&16*MOD(A1,1)&" ounces"
--
David Biddulph

"monarcabak" wrote in message
How can I display a cell with the number 2.5 as 2 lbs 8 ounces?

Thanks
Alfredo Livas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Alfredo,

AFAIK, about the nearest you can get with cell formatting alone is 2
8/16lbs, which you can achieve with a custom number format like:
# ?/16lb\s

If a formula in an adjoining cell would do, you could use something like:
=INT(A1)&"lbs "&MOD(A1,1)*16&"oz."
Notice I've used 'oz.' rather than 'ounce' for 1 oz., or 'ounces' for 2 or
more oz. - easier to code.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"monarcabak" wrote in message
How can I display a cell with the number 2.5 as 2 lbs 8 ounces?

Thanks
Alfredo Livas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you!!