Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF formula with 3 possible outcomes

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get the following formula to work, without success.

I would like C3 to have 3 possible outcomes, 1,2 or 3. This data will be
sent by P10.
P10 should be (in simple):

IF P9 IS EQUAL TO 0 THEN C3 EQUALS 1
IF P9 IS GREATER THAN 0 AND LESS THAN 2 THEN C3 EQUALS 2
IF P9 IS EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN 2 THEN C3 EQUALS 3

Your help is much appreciated as always,

Kind regards

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oops, still need help but,

The formula can go direct into C3 without the need for P10 existing,

Thanks again in advance of the reply.

Kind regards

Aaron

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get the following formula to work, without success.

I would like C3 to have 3 possible outcomes, 1,2 or 3. This data will be
sent by P10.
P10 should be (in simple):

IF P9 IS EQUAL TO 0 THEN C3 EQUALS 1
IF P9 IS GREATER THAN 0 AND LESS THAN 2 THEN C3 EQUALS 2
IF P9 IS EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN 2 THEN C3 EQUALS 3

Your help is much appreciated as always,

Kind regards

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Toppers,

Worked perfectly,

Aaron

"Toppers" wrote in message
Try in C3:

=IF(P9=0,1,IF(P9=2,3,2))

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get the following formula to work, without success.

I would like C3 to have 3 possible outcomes, 1,2 or 3. This data will be
sent by P10.
P10 should be (in simple):

IF P9 IS EQUAL TO 0 THEN C3 EQUALS 1
IF P9 IS GREATER THAN 0 AND LESS THAN 2 THEN C3 EQUALS 2
IF P9 IS EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN 2 THEN C3 EQUALS 3

Your help is much appreciated as always,

Kind regards

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To start with, if you want a value in C3, you put your formula in C3, not in
P10. A formula can't "push" data into another cell.

The formula in C3 is =IF(P9<0,"undefined output",IF(P9=0,1,IF(P9<2,2,3)))
--
David Biddulph

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get the following formula to work, without success.

I would like C3 to have 3 possible outcomes, 1,2 or 3. This data will be
sent by P10.
P10 should be (in simple):

IF P9 IS EQUAL TO 0 THEN C3 EQUALS 1
IF P9 IS GREATER THAN 0 AND LESS THAN 2 THEN C3 EQUALS 2
IF P9 IS EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN 2 THEN C3 EQUALS 3

Your help is much appreciated as always,

Kind regards

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I know this has been answered, but you can use the following formula to get
the same results

=(P9=0)+(P90)+(P9=2)

your preference depends on how you think. I hate using nested ifs, but a
lot of people like them.

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote:

Oops, still need help but,

The formula can go direct into C3 without the need for P10 existing,

Thanks again in advance of the reply.

Kind regards

Aaron

"Aaron Hodson (Coversure)" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I am trying to get the following formula to work, without success.

I would like C3 to have 3 possible outcomes, 1,2 or 3. This data will be
sent by P10.
P10 should be (in simple):

IF P9 IS EQUAL TO 0 THEN C3 EQUALS 1
IF P9 IS GREATER THAN 0 AND LESS THAN 2 THEN C3 EQUALS 2
IF P9 IS EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN 2 THEN C3 EQUALS 3

Your help is much appreciated as always,

Kind regards

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Sloth,

I am trying to get to grips with formulas and it's handy to know all the
different methods.

Thanks

Aaron

"Sloth" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That doesn't seem to work for, say, P9 = 0.5

Perhaps

=1 + (P90) + (P9=2)

=LOOKUP(P9,{0,1,2},{1,2,3})