Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup Values

I have a workbook with with the following data:

Date Premium Paid, Premium Paid Amount, Days in Force (in a column numbered
from 1 - 365), % of Retained Premium (one column to the right - a value for
each day 1-365)

I would like to make a report to show the balance of the premium that is at
risk. I would like to pick up the Date the Premium was Paid and subtract
today's date. I would like the result to match the number in the column of
days from 1-365 and pick up the corresponding % of Retained Premium. Then, I
would like to take the result and subtract it from 100 to get the % of
Premium at risk. Then I would like to take the result and multiply it by the
Premium Paid Amount. This should give me the result I would like.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sure I can:

In Sheet 1 I have the following data: Column A in rows 3 - 367 the numbers 1
through 365 (representing the number of Days the Policy is in force). In
Column B in rows 3-367 I have the numbers that represent the percent of
retained policy if cancelled from 10.2% on day 1 to 100% on day 365. (there
is no constant sequence)

In Sheet 2 I have the following data: Date Premium has been paid and the
Premium paid amount.

In Sheet 3 is where I would like to create the report that I described in my
first question.

I hope that will help.

"Dale" wrote:

I have a workbook with with the following data:

Date Premium Paid, Premium Paid Amount, Days in Force (in a column numbered