Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Double quotes when concatenating with CHAR(10)

Hi everybody,

I have a case where I am using Excel to build a series of SQL queries.
I am concatenating several columns and want to insert a line break in
the middle so I can separate the comment lines from the query itself
(each comment line is different). I can use CHAR(10) and everything
looks great in Excel. However when I paste the resulting text into the
SQL query analyzer (or any text file) there are double quotes around
the output. Is there a workaround here? I've even tried the hard coded
Alt+Enter in the formula (surrounded by quotes) but that doesn't help.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I have pasted an example
formula below:

=CONCATENATE(C2,CHAR(10),D2)

Where C2 = 15 and D2 = Null

Result: