Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default would this be an if statement?

I want to automatically populate cell H6 using the chart I have in my
spreadsheet.
if cell G8 = B17 then cell H6 = D17. If G8 = B16 then cell H6 = D16, and so
on.
I know this isn't a true if statement as there is not false. How would I do
this?
Thank you, Anita
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't specify how far your "... and so on ..." should go back to -
assume it is D9. Enter this formula in H6:

=VLOOKUP(G8,B9:D17,3,0)

Change the range B9:D17 to suit your "chart".

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 14, 12:20 am, Anita wrote:
I want to automatically populate cell H6 using the chart I have in my
spreadsheet.
if cell G8 = B17 then cell H6 = D17. If G8 = B16 then cell H6 = D16, and so
on.
I know this isn't a true if statement as there is not false. How would I do
this?
Thank you, Anita

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, thanks for feeding back, Anita - glad it worked for you.

Pete

On Aug 14, 12:20 am, Anita wrote:
I want to automatically populate cell H6 using the chart I have in my
spreadsheet.
if cell G8 = B17 then cell H6 = D17. If G8 = B16 then cell H6 = D16, and so
on.
I know this isn't a true if statement as there is not false. How would I do
this?
Thank you, Anita- Hide quoted text -