Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tian

Default Remove Space in Text

I know how the "trim" function works, but is there a function in excel to
remove all the space in text? Example would be

from "281P 358" to "281P358"

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

One way: highlight the range in question, and from the menu click Edit
Replace. Search for a single space, and replace with nothing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

=substitute(a1," ","")

replaces all the spaces in A1 with nothing.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Formula example assumes that the value you want to strip the spaces from is
in A1:

=SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")
--
Kevin Backmann

"Tian" wrote:

I know how the "trim" function works, but is there a function in excel to
remove all the space in text? Example would be

from "281P 358" to "281P358"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try this:

For text in A1

B1: =SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")
Removes ALL spaces

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Tian" wrote:

I know how the "trim" function works, but is there a function in excel to
remove all the space in text? Example would be

from "281P 358" to "281P358"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tian

Thanks for the help, everyone. It works.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

For text in A1

B1: =SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","")