LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default Incorrect number entry on Excel for Mac 2011

Hi,
Recently, I find that when I open a workbook and type into any cell, a number, say 123, and press enter then the cell shows 0.123. Somehow, every number is divided by a thousand. The General format shows 0.123 as does the Number format. This occurs with all workbooks. Can anyone tell me what is happening?
Thanks.
  #2   Report Post  
external usenet poster

It sounds like you have a fix to three decimal place in your settings. Remove that and that should take care of your problem. When you enter three numbers it thinks it's the three decimals and calculates it that way. This is going off the top of my head and hope it works
  #3   Report Post  
external usenet poster

On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 4:42:49 PM UTC+1, kenrock wrote:
Hi,
Recently, I find that when I open a workbook and type into any cell, a number, say 123, and press enter then the cell shows 0.123. Somehow, every number is divided by a thousand. The General format shows 0.123 as does the Number format. This occurs with all workbooks. Can anyone tell me what is happening?
Thanks.

Many thanks for your response. Yes, a box had been ticked in the Preferences - Edit section. Sanity now reigns!