McIntyre

Default Cell reference problems with Summary sheet

I'm working on a Financial Summary template and I have different tabs for
different Districts. I then have a tab that pulls different information from
each of these tabs to summarize each District's Financials. My problem is
that I need to make 21 of these for each of our Regions. When I change the
names of the tabs for each Region, the cell references do not work when data
is entered into the District tabs. All of the cells on the summary page stay
at 0. If I click on the cell and then push F2 and then enter, the data will
appear. I do not want to have to do this for every single cell as it will
take FOREVER!! Is there any way to fix this?
Peo Sjoblom

Try the following, make sure the cells are formatted as numbers or currency,
select teh whole sheet, do editreplace, replace = with =, by replacing the
equal sign you might be able to trigger a claculation of your formula. Also
make sure you have calculation set to automatic under
toolsoptionscalculation or press
Ctrl + Alt + F9 to force global recalculation (in case you have set the
calculation to manual)

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"McIntyre" wrote:

I'm working on a Financial Summary template and I have different tabs for
different Districts. I then have a tab that pulls different information from
each of these tabs to summarize each District's Financials. My problem is
that I need to make 21 of these for each of our Regions. When I change the
names of the tabs for each Region, the cell references do not work when data
is entered into the District tabs. All of the cells on the summary page stay
at 0. If I click on the cell and then push F2 and then enter, the data will
appear. I do not want to have to do this for every single cell as it will
take FOREVER!! Is there any way to fix this?

McIntyre

I tried what you suggested and it didn't fix the problem. In fact, it reset
them all so that the F2 + Enter has to be redone to show all of the data. I
don't understand what the problem is...

"McIntyre" wrote:

I'm working on a Financial Summary template and I have different tabs for
different Districts. I then have a tab that pulls different information from
each of these tabs to summarize each District's Financials. My problem is
that I need to make 21 of these for each of our Regions. When I change the
names of the tabs for each Region, the cell references do not work when data
is entered into the District tabs. All of the cells on the summary page stay
at 0. If I click on the cell and then push F2 and then enter, the data will
appear. I do not want to have to do this for every single cell as it will
take FOREVER!! Is there any way to fix this?

Frank Kabel

Hi
does the word 'Calculate' appear in the status bar?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel