Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I count cells with different criteria in excel?

I have a column with M or F (Male/Female) and I also have a column that has
their age. How do I count how many 6 year olds there are AND how many of
those are either male or female?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You would need to use SUMPRODUCT.

Something like =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="M"),--(B1:B10=6))

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Richie17" wrote:

I have a column with M or F (Male/Female) and I also have a column that has
their age. How do I count how many 6 year olds there are AND how many of
those are either male or female?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave you are my new hero!...but now that you helped me with that does that
mean I have to get back to some real work? :(

My co-workers and myself appreciate what this can do for us now.
Thanks,
Richie17

"Richie17" wrote:

I have a column with M or F (Male/Female) and I also have a column that has
their age. How do I count how many 6 year olds there are AND how many of
those are either male or female?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUM((A1:A100="M")*(B1:B100=6))

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"Richie17" wrote:

I have a column with M or F (Male/Female) and I also have a column that has
their age. How do I count how many 6 year olds there are AND how many of
those are either male or female?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Read here from details

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html