Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RGS

Default External Data Refresh on save problem

Howdy

I have set-up an external data link in excel, linked to an MS-Access query.
The automatic refresh worked fine for a long while, but has suddenly stopped
working after the work-book is saved and subsequently re-opened. The refresh
works on the first re-open, but as soon as this happens the link is broken.

I have tried re-writing the query in the same workbook. Excel allows me to
refresh the data over and over once I have finished writting the query,
however as soon I save the file & re-open it later, it allows me to refresh
once, but then breaks the link so that the refresh data no longer works.

I have other work-books that are set-up the same way that continue to work,
but have a couple of work books where this is a problem. Once the problem
occurs once, I cannot stop it from happening again. Anyone have any bright
ideas?