Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting (Icon sets - 3 Arrows)

I have the following data:

A1 = 5
A2 = 10
A3 = 4
A4 = 4

I would like to use the icon sets (3 arrows) conditional formatting to show
the changes of the value from previous cell.

For example. if A2 A1, A2 will have a up arrow.
If A3 < A2; A3 will have a down arrow.
If A4 = A3; A4 will have a level arrow.
And these go on down in the column.

I set up the condition in the conditional formatting windows. BUT, is there
a faster way to do the conditional for all the rows in the column?

I tried to copy and paste the format down the rows, however it always use
the same A1 value for comparison. I don't want to do that since I want to
compare the previous row value, not the initial value.

Thanks for your help.!!