Wayne

Default Using paste link infromation in cell to hyperlink to source cell?

I have a paste link cell in a spreadsheet, referring to a
source cell in another spreadsheet and cell. Is there a
way in VBA to open that source spreadsheet and "jump" to
the source cell?

Wayne
Gary Brown

Check out the HYPERLINK function.
Example:
=HYPERLINK("[C:\Temp\MyFile.xls]Data!$C$2","Test")
will show the word 'Test' in the cell. When selected, the hyperlink will
take you to the 'MYFILE' workbook, the 'Data' worksheet, cell C2.
HTH,
Gary Brown

"Wayne" wrote in message
I have a paste link cell in a spreadsheet, referring to a
source cell in another spreadsheet and cell. Is there a
way in VBA to open that source spreadsheet and "jump" to
the source cell?

Wayne

I tried this, here is the contents of the cell:

=HYPERLINK('\\FIL-NW02-06
\MPTTechTeamLeaders\8_Tech_Team_Scorecard\Reddy Team
Scorecards\[2005_Define_Scorecard_Hixson.xls]Scorecard -
Tech Group'!K12)

and I get the little hyperlink hand icon but when I click
nothing happens.

Wayne

=HYPERLINK("[C:\Temp\MyFile.xls]Data!$C$2","Test")
will show the word 'Test' in the cell. When selected,

the hyperlink will
take you to the 'MYFILE' workbook, the 'Data' worksheet,

cell C2.
HTH,
Gary Brown

"Wayne" wrote in

message
I have a paste link cell in a spreadsheet, referring to

source cell in another spreadsheet and cell. Is there a
way in VBA to open that source spreadsheet and "jump"

the source cell?

Wayne

.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

This must work:
=HYPERLINK(\\FIL-NW02-06\MPTTechTeamLeaders\8_Tech_Team_Scorecard\Reddy
Team Scorecards\2005_Define_Scorecard_Hixson.xls#'Score card - Tech
Group'!K12,"MyLink")

Arvi Laanemets

wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson

I think you dropped some double quotes:

=hyperlink("\\fil-....!K12","myLink")

Arvi Laanemets wrote:

Hi

This must work:

--

Dave Peterson

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I think you dropped some double quotes:

=hyperlink("\\fil-....!K12","myLink")

More exactly, OE somehow did it - at start quotes were there. I'm trying
again - the right formula will be:

=HYPERLINK("\\FIL-NW02-06\MPTTechTeamLeaders\8 Tech Team Scorecard\Reddy
Team Scorecards\2005_Define_Scorecard_Hixon.xls#'Scorec ard - Tech
Group'!K12","MyLink")

Arvi Laanemets

Arvi Laanemets wrote:

Hi

This must work:

wrote in message
[...]

Wayne

tried this, at least got a response but it was Cannot
open specified file!

Wayne
More exactly, OE somehow did it - at start quotes were

there. I'm trying
again - the right formula will be:

=HYPERLINK("\\FIL-NW02-06\MPTTechTeamLeaders\8 Tech Team

Scorecard\Reddy
Team

Scorecards\2005_Define_Scorecard_Hixon.xls#'Scorec ard -
Tech
Group'!K12","MyLink")

Arvi Laanemets

Arvi Laanemets wrote:

Hi

This must work:

[...]

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Maybe there is some minor difference (additional space somewhere or
something alike)?

The foolproof way is: Create a hyperlink using Insert.Hyperlink from menu.
Continue with 'Browse for: File' and select your file. Then click on
Bookmark button - avaliable sheets in selected workbook are displayed.
Select your sheet, and edit the cell reference manually (by default it is
A1). Check the created hyperlink - when all is OK, then activate hyperlink
editor, copy the string from 'Type the file or page name' field, paste it
into Hyperlink function, and wrap it into quetes.

Arvi Laanemets