Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Needy C

Default Want to compare two columns and then fill with data from the match

I have two lists - one is very long, the other shorter. Every value in the
shorter colum is listed somewhere in the longer column. Long column is in
column A, short column is G. If I find a match, I then want to fill columns
H, I, J with the same information that is listed in B, C, D next to the
column A match. In other words, I have master inventory sheet with all item
information but I want to create a shorter, more often used inventory list
but I only have the item number and want to fill in the description, price
and cost without having to lookup each one and type them in.

I hope this is not too confusing and I really appreciate the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. Please study Index and Match functions ; refer to the Help file for
details.

2. Regards.