Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dbs dbs is offline

Default drop down box

Does anyone know if there is a way to create drop down boxes on a shared
worksheet. I did a little research, and the only way I saw to do it is with
Data Verification. But that option is greyed out when the worksheet is shared.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can not create the drop down on the fly. Sharing is essentially a form of
protection which excludes a bunch of functionallity. You need to unshare the
spreadsheet. Add the drop down. re-share the spreadsheet...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson