gman

Default Cell References

I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells in work
sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by at least
4 rows. Cells in B where I want those values are separated by 1 row.
How can I copy the values without having to enter each cell reference
indivudually in B?
Is there a formula to add columns or rows such as cell A1+3 = cell D1 or
cell A1 + 3 = cell A4
Paul Sheppard

gman Wrote:
I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells in
work
sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by at
least
4 rows. Cells in B where I want those values are separated by 1 row.
How can I copy the values without having to enter each cell reference
indivudually in B?
Is there a formula to add columns or rows such as cell A1+3 = cell D1
or
cell A1 + 3 = cell A4

Hi Gman

On sheet b insert 3 extra rows then do the copy and paste, then delete
the 3 rows

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=466298

Morrigan

Not sure if this will do what you want, but give it a try.

Let's say A1, A5, A9, etc contains your data in Sheet A. Then in Sheet
B:

A1 = OFFSET('Sheet A'!$A$1,(ROW()-1)/2*4,0)

Hope it helps.

Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7094
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=466298