Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default To show 0 instead #Value!

Hello

I am trying to do a vlookup using if(isNa... and if isn't not found, I want
it to show a zero instead of #VAlue!. Not sure why #Value is showing up, as
opposed to the #N/A.
--
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

VLOOKUP might be returning #VALUE
ISNA only checks for #N/A error... Use ISERROR if you want to suppress
#VALUE errors too...

"user" wrote:

Hello

I am trying to do a vlookup using if(isNa... and if isn't not found, I want
it to show a zero instead of #VAlue!. Not sure why #Value is showing up, as
opposed to the #N/A.
--
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's a few possibly on retruning #Value, for your case, i can think of :
1) cells that are referenced by the formula contain does not contain valid
values.

2) you have supply a range instead of a value

your formula should look like this
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(lookup value,table, col number,0)),"",VLOOKUP(lookup
value,table, col number,0))

If the above don't works, pls show your formula.
--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis