coal_miner

Default Drop down lists show button?

Greetings. First off, let me thank anyone in advance for taking the time to
assist me. My question should be easy to answer. I have setup some drop
down lists in one of my worksheets. The button with the arrow that opens the
list hides itself after I click on another cell. How can I keep that button
always showing? Thanks again. Cheers.
Debra Dalgleish

Only the active cell can have the data validation arrow visible.
Perhaps you could colour the cells to highlight them, or add comments to
the cells to mark them.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

Hi, coal_miner,
I would suggest as follows:
*** assume the 'Drop Down List' is in Cell I10.
1. Catch a 'print-screen' of the small arrow button.
2. Paste ithe exactly over the original 'drop-down list' button.
3. Write a short Macro:
=============
Sub Show_Drop_Down_I10()
[I10].Select
SendKeys "%{down}" ' emulates Alt+Down Arrow
End Sub
=======
Allocate that Mcro to the Picture.
*** Click on the Picture and..... voil* !
Michael Avidan - ISRAEL
http://forums.tapuz.co.il/office

coal_miner wrote:
Greetings. First off, let me thank anyone in advance for taking the time to
assist me. My question should be easy to answer. I have setup some drop
down lists in one of my worksheets. The button with the arrow that opens the
list hides itself after I click on another cell. How can I keep that button
always showing? Thanks again. Cheers.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Leon Sapper

Default making drop down lists

Hi, This is my first try in a Discussion Group, so bear with me.

I have a range of cells, (C4:M26) in which I wish to put a staff members
initials into indervidual cells. The rows are different jobs and the coloums
are the dates of the month. I have a list of staff initials in coloum A
(A4:A30).

Every time I try to make a list, I get a error message..."A list can not
overlap another list" and I can go no further.

Kind regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B

Leon, you could use Data Validation for the drop down list, have a look here
for more information

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Leon Sapper" <Leon wrote in message
Hi, This is my first try in a Discussion Group, so bear with me.

I have a range of cells, (C4:M26) in which I wish to put a staff members
initials into indervidual cells. The rows are different jobs and the

coloums
are the dates of the month. I have a list of staff initials in coloum A
(A4:A30).

Every time I try to make a list, I get a error message..."A list can not
overlap another list" and I can go no further.

Kind regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach

You didn't say what part (range) of your data you wanted to put into the
list for the drop-down cell. If you want A4:A30, name that range say,
TheList. Then go to the cell in which you want to put the drop-down and
click on Data - Validation. Select List. In the Source block type
"TheList" without the quotes. That's it. HTH Otto
"Leon Sapper" <Leon wrote in message
Hi, This is my first try in a Discussion Group, so bear with me.

I have a range of cells, (C4:M26) in which I wish to put a staff members
initials into indervidual cells. The rows are different jobs and the
coloums
are the dates of the month. I have a list of staff initials in coloum A
(A4:A30).

Every time I try to make a list, I get a error message..."A list can not
overlap another list" and I can go no further.

Kind regards,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish

To quickly select all the cells that contain data validation, so you can
format them:

Click the Select All button at the top left of the worksheet, or select
a single cell on the worksheet.
Choose EditGo To, and click the Special button
Select Data Validation, All, and click OK

coal_miner wrote:

Greetings. First off, let me thank anyone in advance for taking the
time to assist me. My question should be easy to answer. I have
setup some drop down lists in one of my worksheets. The button with
the arrow that opens the list hides itself after I click on another
cell. How can I keep that button always showing? Thanks again.
Cheers.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
alec

thanks paul, that fixed that. but now that i'm on the make, if I have my list
with different colour pattens, can I have the cell colour patten transferred
also?? how?