Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to use the 'if' - function? Pls teach me...

As above mentioned, and also how to create the selection from the down list
with arrow.

Thanks.

Regards,
hoo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The If function basically checks to see if a condition is met and then does
something, if the condition is not met it does soemthing else.

For example lets say that if the number 5 is in cell A1 you want the word
'Five' to appear in your cell, if not you want 'Not Five'

The function would look like this:

=IF(A1=5,"Five", "Not Five")

The 1st part of the function looks at A1 to see if it is a 5, there is a
comma which tells the function to do what comes next, in this case put in the
word Five. then there is another comma. If the number is not a 5 it will do
that part of the function.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by your second question you might be
referring to the autofilter command under data...fileter...auto filter. That
puts arrows on your headings so you can filter more easily.

"Ms Hoo" wrote:

As above mentioned, and also how to create the selection from the down list
with arrow.

Thanks.

Regards,
hoo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this site:

for many examples of creating drop-down lists.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Ms Hoo" wrote:

As above mentioned, and also how to create the selection from the down list
with arrow.

Thanks.

Regards,
hoo

Need some comments on my Utility_Move class module. jchen Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 21st 06 07:05 PM
Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 11:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 03:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 11:49 AM