Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I am trying to create a form in Excel. In my form I want to be abl

I am trying to create a form in Excel. In my form I want to be able to Tab
from Cell to cell and input information. Not every cell will need this
function. For example
In A1 I need a gray space to indicate that you should type some
information...here is a visual...

Contact Phone: ___________(this is actually another cell, that I want grayed
out, and someone can click on that cell and automatically start typing.

Then I want them to be able to press tab OR enter to be navigated to the
next cell that requires information.

I dont want anyone able to change the format of the cell that is asking for
the info...for example, the cell named "contact phone" should not be able to
be changed. But I want its corresponding cell to be able to be changed and
then once done filling in that infomration I want to be able to click enter
or tab and be directed to thenext cell which I have to enter something. I
tried all the protecting sheet steps and it did not do what I was wanting.

Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Now is this on a form or on your sheet, if a form look into tab stop. If it
is a sheet you can protect what you don't want changed then when protecting
uncheck the box that says Select Locked Cells

-John
is helpful.