Sarah Talley

Default Difference

A similar question was asked about a year ago, but I didn't quite get the
answer I needed. I have a statistical spreadsheet. What I'm trying to do is
show the percentage increase/decrease of incidents in comparison to the
previous year.

Eg: A1= 31(this years numbers)
B1=47(last years numbers)

in C1 I want to display either -#% or +#% (depending on if the numbers have
increased or decreased compared to the previous year)

Someone gave the formula =(A1/B1)/A1 but I don't think that's quite right.

Tom Ogilvy

Just a head's up,
Your formula gives a positive %, but the OP was moving from 47 last year
(B1) to 31 this year (A1).

Maybe you missed which value is which.

Tom Ogilvy

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Try this: =1-(A1/B1)
Then format you cell with a custom format of something like this:
+0.00;-0.00
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Sarah Talley" <Sarah wrote in message
A similar question was asked about a year ago, but I didn't quite get the
answer I needed. I have a statistical spreadsheet. What I'm trying to

do
is
show the percentage increase/decrease of incidents in comparison to the
previous year.

Eg: A1= 31(this years numbers)
B1=47(last years numbers)

in C1 I want to display either -#% or +#% (depending on if the numbers
have
increased or decreased compared to the previous year)

Someone gave the formula =(A1/B1)/A1 but I don't think that's quite
right.

Anne Troy

Absolutely. :)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
[...]

Sarah Talley

sorry, what's OP?

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Absolutely. :)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
[...]

Anne Troy

It took me a long time to find that out, too. "Original Poster"--or at least
I think!!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Sarah Talley" wrote in message