Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default hide rows with zero balance

i have, lets say
a b c d
1 1 4 5 9
2 8 0 8 7
3 0 0 0 0
4 7 8 5 9
5 0 0 0 0
6 5 8 7 4

how can i hide rows where column a,b,c and d have zero balances
In this case, hiding row 3 and 5
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 23 Jul, 17:24, andresg1975
wrote:
i have, lets say
a b c d
1 1 4 5 9
2 8 0 8 7
3 0 0 0 0
4 7 8 5 9
5 0 0 0 0
6 5 8 7 4

how can i hide rows where column a,b,c and d have zero balances
In this case, hiding row 3 and 5
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Try this for where your data is in cells B1 to E7:

Dim rngHide As Range

For Each rngHide In Range("A2:A7")
If WorksheetFunction.Sum(rngHide.Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 5)) = 0
Then
rngHide.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next rngHide

Regards,

Toyin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It didn't work due to a syntax error in he
If WorksheetFunction.Sum(rngHide.Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 5)) = 0

" wrote:

On 23 Jul, 17:24, andresg1975
wrote:
i have, lets say
a b c d
1 1 4 5 9
2 8 0 8 7
3 0 0 0 0
4 7 8 5 9
5 0 0 0 0
6 5 8 7 4

how can i hide rows where column a,b,c and d have zero balances
In this case, hiding row 3 and 5
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Try this for where your data is in cells B1 to E7:

Dim rngHide As Range

For Each rngHide In Range("A2:A7")
If WorksheetFunction.Sum(rngHide.Offset(0, 1).Resize(1, 5)) = 0
Then
rngHide.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End If
Next rngHide

Regards,

Toyin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot for your help!

" wrote:

The syntax is due to you not having "Then" after the 0

For some reason the text has wrapped to the next line in my reply.

Let me know,

Toyin.