L Mehl

Default Links in formulas change when another user runs a workbook

Hello --

When another user runs a set of workbooks I built for him, links in formulas
include the name of the folder in which he stored the set of xls files.

In my original files, links simply look like
workbook.xls!range_name

His workbooks don't work. and, when he sends them to us to fix, the links
have to be changed.

MS article PSS ID Number: 327006 seems to be relevant to this problem.
If I understand the article, it suggests:

"To temporarily prevent the recalculation of external links, set the
calculation environment to Manual... "

I can see how to do that in code placed in Workbook_Open,
but I can't figure out where to turn recalculation back ON.

Am I on the right track with this as a solution to the problem?

If so, can someone tell me where to put code to turn recalculation ON.

If not, do you have an idea of how the links become changed?

Thank you for any help.

Larry Mehl

---

Nick Hodge

Larry

If I understand you correctly. When the workbook, to which it is linked is
open, that dialog only shows the file name, when it is closed the linked
workbook shows the path to it. This path would need to be available to the
new user for the links to not require updating. That is the links have a
fixed path, they are not searching for a workbook name which could be the
same in many folders.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"L Mehl" wrote in message
[...]

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

L Mehl

Nick --

Thanks.

I think we will require that all users install in the same folder, as well
as add code to the "calling" workbook to hide selected other workbooks.

Larry