Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error bars

I wish to add different error bars to each and every point in my graph. How
do I do it? In particular I want to show the error of my dependent variable
y. Each one of which has an associated error which I have calculated by
taking the std deviation.

Thanks
Alex
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Alex,

If you are using Excel 2007:
Select the graph by clicking anywhere inside.
"Layout" tab -- "Error Bars" -- "More Error Bars Options" -- "Custom"
radio button and "Specify Value" rectangular button -- Select the cell range
containing the error values for "Positive Error Value" and "Negative Error
Value" (the same range can serve for both) -- "OK" -- "Close"

If error bars are created for both dependent and independent variables,
click on a horizontal error bar, right click and delete.

If this helps, please give a feedback by clicking "Yes".

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran