Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gycoso3

Default how do I round hours worked to the next half hour with a 24hr shif

I was wondering how to round to make it easier and more bentificial to the
employees that once you continue into the next 1/2 hour that it would round
the hour up IE example if I work 10.12 hours it will round it up to 11
hours. Here is the formula that I am using to figure the hours worked with
entering the actual military time the person is going to work
=(E15-C15+(E15<C15))*24 this is in Colum E3 figuring hours worked out of A3
and C3 if you can help with this it would be greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

Assuming you are using decimal hours

=CEILING(10.12,0.5)

will round up to the nearest 0.5 hours but what you seem to want is

=CEILING(10.12,1)

since you want 10.12 to round to 11, that is not half hour but nearest hour

Peo Sjoblom

http://nwexcelsolutions.com