Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel: Changing "numeric $" to "text $" in a different cell.

I need to format a cell so that it shows up as the text cash amount (like in
Quickbooks ... writing a check) from another cell.

Example:

Cell A13 = $20.00
Cell A25 = Twenty Dollars
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to do a little VBA to create a used defined function. This was
originally posted by Tom Ogilvy...

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=140704
XL: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=95640
ACC: How to Convert Currency or Numbers into English Words
(above is for access, but works in excel as well

Laurent Longre has a free addin download that will provide a worksheet
function to to it (as well as 23+ other very useful functions and a help file)

http://xcell05.free.fr/english/

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson