Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I "keep text together" within a cell to keep it on 1 line?

to keep someone's initials from separating between lines with small width
columns - example:

Now is the time for A.
B. Person to appear.

or

Now is the time for
A. B. Person to appear
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

In-cell, you could always break for a new line by pressing Alt+ENTER at the
breakpoint, ie with the cursor placed just before the "A" in your example
--
Max
Singapore
"GT Photo" wrote:
to keep someone's initials from separating between lines with small width
columns - example:

Now is the time for A.
B. Person to appear.

or

Now is the time for
A. B. Person to appear

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can either change your syle and leave the spaces out of the name:
A.B.Person
to keep it all together, or you can control then line break by putting in in
manually (Alt+Enter), or if constructing from a formula, use CHAR(10) as in:

="Now is the time for "&CHAR(10)&"A. B. Person to appear"
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"GT Photo" wrote:

to keep someone's initials from separating between lines with small width
columns - example:

Now is the time for A.
B. Person to appear.

or

Now is the time for
A. B. Person to appear

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're only making a list, you may want to copy it into MSWord and use a
table there.

Then you can use all MSWord's word processing features that Excel doesn't
have--including using the ctrl-shift-spacebar to treat the words as one.

GT Photo wrote:

to keep someone's initials from separating between lines with small width
columns - example:

Now is the time for A.
B. Person to appear.

or