Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MarvInBoise

Default Pivot Table Looses Drop-Down Choice When Only One Item Displayed

Have a 2 field 'data' selection doing sums, let's say Price1 and Price2;
pivot table displays drop-down choices of all, Price1, Price2; if I select
only Price1 or Price2 to display, I loose the drop-down to go back and select
either all or Price1 or Price2; I have to close, not save, and reopen file to
get original display back.

Help, and THANKS!
--
Marv Lusk
Boise Corporation
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Marv,

You may go to Pivot Table layout and re-add the data field without closing
the file.

HTH

"MarvInBoise" wrote:

Have a 2 field 'data' selection doing sums, let's say Price1 and Price2;
pivot table displays drop-down choices of all, Price1, Price2; if I select
only Price1 or Price2 to display, I loose the drop-down to go back and select
either all or Price1 or Price2; I have to close, not save, and reopen file to
get original display back.

Help, and THANKS!
--
Marv Lusk
Boise Corporation

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MarvInBoise

Default Pivot Table Looses Drop-Down Choice When Only One Item Display

I suppose that's true, thanks, but why does the whole drop-down field/box go
away?
--
Marv Lusk
Boise Corporation