Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Opening worksheet in new window

Hi:

In Excel 2003 and Word 2007, if I open a file it appears in a new window.
However, in Excel 2007, when I open a file it opens in the current window (so
that two workbooks cannot be seen at once without resorting to View|Arrange
All).

Is there a switch somewhere to set this to "open in seperate windows" or
"open new instance of Excel"? I've looked (hard) but cannot find it.

Thanks

Mike in Philadelphia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think I'm having the same problem but I have Excel 2003 and can't get each
sheet to open up in its own window. I have about 10 Excel shortcuts on my
desktop and open them off & on all day. I keep closing the whole batch when
I want to just close the top one. How can I open each one in it's own window
like Word does?

Thanks,
Pam