JB

Default need formula for percent off of column

I know nothing about this and I am in a pickle. I don't even know where to
type in the formula, so please spell it out for me in kindergarten language.
I need a formula that will figure a percentage off.

I have a column that is Retail Price and I need a formula that will auto
fill 15% off the retail price of each cell in the previous column.

I hope I am explaining this correctly.

Thanks,
JB
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: need formula for percent off of column

Hi JB,

No worries, I can definitely help you with that! Here's a
  1. First, select the cell where you want the discounted price to appear.
  2. Type the equal sign (=) to start the formula.
  3. Click on the cell that contains the retail price.
  4. Type the multiplication sign (*) to indicate that you want to multiply the retail price by a percentage.
  5. Type 15% as either 0.15 or 15/100 (both represent 15% as a decimal).
  6. Press Enter to complete the formula.

For example, if your retail price is in cell A2, you would type the following formula in the cell where you want the discounted price to appear:

Formula:
=A2*0.85

This formula will automatically calculate 15% off the retail price in cell A2 and display the discounted price in the cell where you entered the formula.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Biff

Hi!

Assume your current retail price list is in the range
A1:A10.

In cell B1 enter this formula:

=A1-A1*.15

With cell B1 still selected use your mouse and point to
the little black square in the bottom right of the cursor.
The fat "+" sign will change to a skinny "+" sign. Left
click and hold then drag copy the formula down to A10.

Biff

I know nothing about this and I am in a pickle. I don't

even know where to
type in the formula, so please spell it out for me in

kindergarten language.
I need a formula that will figure a percentage off.

I have a column that is Retail Price and I need a formula

that will auto
fill 15% off the retail price of each cell in the

previous column.

I hope I am explaining this correctly.

Thanks,
JB
.

JE McGimpsey

Since 100% is equal to one, 15% off can be represented as 100%-15%, or
1-15%, so if your retail price is in column A:

B1: =A1 * (1-15%)

which is also equivalent to

B1: =A1 * 85%

You can copy that formula in B1 down as far as necessary.

In article ,
"JB" wrote:

I know nothing about this and I am in a pickle. I don't even know where to
type in the formula, so please spell it out for me in kindergarten language.
I need a formula that will figure a percentage off.

I have a column that is Retail Price and I need a formula that will auto
fill 15% off the retail price of each cell in the previous column.

I hope I am explaining this correctly.

Gordon

JE McGimpsey wrote:
Since 100% is equal to one, 15% off can be represented as 100%-15%, or
1-15%, so if your retail price is in column A:

B1: =A1 * (1-15%)

S/be =A1 * (1-0.15)

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Just waiting for Broadband to complete the conversion!(9 days and counting!)

JE McGimpsey

Works either way.

In article ,

S/be =A1 * (1-0.15)