gearoi

Default Making a Reuters function work in VBA

Hi guys/guyesses,

I have this Reuters formula in Excel in a worksheet:

=DeHistory(A2,B4,A5:E5,A6,,A3,"LAY:HOR SORT:DESC SOURCE:DBU
RECALL:AUTO HEADER:NO")

Now - the problem with this is that it pulls in the actual data
'whenever it feels like it'. - ie asynchronously. I want to run a macro
that saves and closes the workbook once the data has been received.

I had a very similar problem with Bloomberg which I fixed by accessing
DDE through VBA which was code like this:

_______________________

' This will connect your app to DDE Server and return a channel
number. "Blp" is the
' application and "S" is the topic &
stands for Static data

nChan = DDEInitiate("Blp", "S")

' Build the string for which you want
to request data.

ISIN = Sheets("Bloomberg
I").Range("CornerBBG1").Offset(down, 0).Value
sSecurity = ISIN & "," & BBGField

' Returns requested data

vtResult = DDERequest(nChan, sSecurity)

' Terminates DDE Connection

DDETerminate (nChan)

' Paste result into worksheet

If (grpofcolscount + 1) * 15 < colscount
Then resize_to_col = 15 Else resize_to_col = colscount Mod 15

Sheets("Bloomberg
I").Range("CornerBBG1").Offset(down, 1 + (grpofcolscount *
15)).Resize(1, resize_to_col).Value = vtResult

_____________________________________

My question is - how do I find the syntax/code for this similar process
using Reuters.

I have spoken to the Reuters helpdesk but they are clueless - have any
of you people done this?

Cheers,
Gearoi

--
gearoi
gearoi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26576

gearoi

bump,

Reuters joined to Excel in VBA - some of you guys must have seen this,
no?

cheers,
Graham

--
gearoi
gearoi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26576
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=401479

jsp

Hi,

I'm facing exactly the same pb as you did with the refreshing of a
Reuters table

I would like to "force" that refreshing using VBA code

Did you finally find a solution for that (ie using DDE)??

Many thanks in advance
Cheers,

JS

--