foodtyper

Default Switch X and Y Axis

How do I switch the x and y axis? I have some name and address data that was
exported to Excel. It has the data in multiple rows per record. I'd like to
flip the data so it is multiple columns of data per record. (I'm reviewing
it for loading into another application.)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

foodtyper

Bj -

That does it, but I'd have to handle each record individually, wouldn't I?
If I highlight Column A, copy, the highlight Row 1, paste special/transpose,
it tells me the size of cut/paste items don't match. I have several
name/address records I want to do this to in one step.

Thank you.

"foodtyper" wrote:

How do I switch the x and y axis? I have some name and address data that was
exported to Excel. It has the data in multiple rows per record. I'd like to
flip the data so it is multiple columns of data per record. (I'm reviewing
it for loading into another application.)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

bj

you need to be sure that your selection is less than 256 cells long.
this is the number of columns which can be in a worksheet.
when you have selected the cells in a column or columns and copied,

select just one cell (the upper left corner where you want it to be pasted)
and then paste special Transpose