Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Average between two dates

Hi,

I have a data range consisting of:
Date Daily total Cumm Total Target
1/1/06 189 189 157
2/1/06 73 262 314

and I want to have reference cells where I can change the dates and have a
formula in a seperate cell that looks to the data range and retruns an
average value from daily total between these two dates

Thanks,
Ross

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put your reference dates in M1 and M2 and use

=AVERAGE(IF((A1:A20=M1)*(A1:A20<=M2),B1:B20))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips