Red

Default Column format when merging Excel data to Word labels

I have a four column Excel spreadsheet which I have Mail Merged into Word to
create labels.
One of the columns in Excel contains a list of four digit numbers. Some of
those numbers begin with a zero.
When I have merged the data into Word labels, the four digit numbers
starting with a zero have the zero missing.
I have tried all sorts of number formats in Excel but can't get the zeros to
stay there when merged to Word.
Can anyone help???? I'm using Office 2003.
Debra Dalgleish

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List