Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Farmerinthedell

Default restore xp excel menu tasks

I opened an Excel workbook and somewhere in the background, it eliminated a
menu item (Data) and many menu functions.

I am unable to undo the damage as I cannot restore the menu and functions to
the original settings.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben

Why can you not restore the menu and functions to the original settings?

What have you tried to restore the settings?

ToolsCustomizeToolbarsWorksheet Menu BarReset usually does the trick.

If no joy, perhaps you have some macro code that that is making the change(s)
for you.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP