Ben Holness

Default Recent Documents Disappear (Excel / Office 2000)

Hi,

I am currently experiencing a problem with Excel 200, whereby the recent
documents list is not working properly.

I can open a document, save it and close it and it will appear in the
recent documents list (within Excel), but if I close Excel and re-open
Excel, it is no longer there.

The keep recent documents option is ticked and set to 9 documents (I have
also tried with 8 documents ;) )

It does seem to keep some documents sometimes, but I cannot see any
pattern as to what is remembered or why.

Any clues?

Cheers,

Ben
Gord Dibben

Ben

Are you running TweakUI?

If so, you may have disabled the MRU lists by unchecking "maintain document
history list" under the Explorer tab.

Read more here for other potential causes and fixes..........

http://groups.google.ch/groups?hl=de...%40tkmsftngp07

Gord Dibben Excel MVP