cnuk

Default Excel 2002 and 2000 co-install. Control Which Starts ?

I have a machine with both Excel XP and Excel 2000
installed. It's a long story but I uninstalled Excel
2000, Installed Excel XP, then needed the excel9.olb to
fix a programming issue so I reinstalled Excel 2000. The
problem I have now is that Excel 2000 loads by default,
whereas I would like to have Excel XP load by default.
I've changed the XLS file associations and that works
fine, but when I run code to launch Excel it is still
launching 2000 instead of Excel XP.

Does anyone know of a registry key, etc that controls
which version of Excel takes priority when more than one
version are installed?

Thank You
Jim Rech

Re-registering Excel 2003 should fix this. From Start-Run enter and run:

c:\program files\Microsoft Office\office11\Excel.exe /regserver

Substituting your full path to Excel 2003 if different. There is a space
before /regserver.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"cnuk" wrote in message
|I have a machine with both Excel XP and Excel 2000
| installed. It's a long story but I uninstalled Excel
| 2000, Installed Excel XP, then needed the excel9.olb to
| fix a programming issue so I reinstalled Excel 2000. The
| problem I have now is that Excel 2000 loads by default,
| whereas I would like to have Excel XP load by default.
| I've changed the XLS file associations and that works
| fine, but when I run code to launch Excel it is still
| launching 2000 instead of Excel XP.
|
| Does anyone know of a registry key, etc that controls
| which version of Excel takes priority when more than one
| version are installed?
|
| Thank You

cnuk

Just wanted to say you're good! That seems to do exactly
what I wanted.

Thank You Very Much!