Todd

Default In Excel, can I shade entire rows based on the value of a single .

I'm trying to format rows in my spreadsheet based on the values existing in
two cells on that row. If the date is before today, and there is no entry in
another cell, I want the entire row to be yellow. If the date is before
today, and there IS an entry in another cell, I want the entire row to be
green. If the date is after today, the other cell doesn't matter. In this
case, the entire row would be white (or clear). Is this possible?
JulieD

Hi Todd

assuming you want to start this formatting on row 2, scroll so that cell A2
is at the top of the worksheet (i hope that makes sense) then select the
rows that you want to apply the formatting to

choose format / conditional formatting
choose
formula is
type
=AND($A2<TODAY(),ISBLANK($B2),$A2<"")
click on the format button and set the formatting from the patterns tab
click OK
click ADD
choose
formula is
type
=AND($A2<TODAY(),$B2<"",$A2<"")
click on the format button and set the formatting
click OK twice

Cheers
JulieD