Dritz

Default Profit & Loss Account Costs shown as a percentage of Sales

Does anyone know how I can enter a formular into an Excel Spreadsheet so that
I can show all the costs as a percentage of Sales please

There must be a way that one can drag the formula down the costs and show
each cost as a percentage of sales
Paul Sheppard

Dritz Wrote:
Does anyone know how I can enter a formular into an Excel Spreadsheet so
that
I can show all the costs as a percentage of Sales please

There must be a way that one can drag the formula down the costs and
show
each cost as a percentage of sales

Hi Dritz

Assuming Costs to be in column A and total sales to be in B2

either =A2/$B$2 and format cell as percentage = 10%

or =(A2/$B$2)*100 = 10

Adjust cell references to suit your data

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=466180

Duke Carey

If sales amount is in C2 and all the expenses are in column B, starting in
B2, use the formula

=B2/$c$2

and copy it down