Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking worksheets

I have a workbook set up where my worksheets are linked. When I use a fill
handle one my dependant worksheet, it will not change the number by one. The
number in represents the name of the independant worksheets. Will the fill
handle not work in this case because the number is actually a name for the
worksheet itself?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use the indirect function
This will use the row number where the function is

copy this in C1 for example to display the value of Sheet1!A1
=INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()&"!A1")

You can copy down for Sheet2.........Sheet?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"cjgeorge" wrote in message ...
I have a workbook set up where my worksheets are linked. When I use a fill
handle one my dependant worksheet, it will not change the number by one. The
number in represents the name of the independant worksheets. Will the fill
handle not work in this case because the number is actually a name for the
worksheet itself?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is helpful but I still have a glitch somewhere. In my dependant
worksheet (sheet 1), It will pull the information in cell A7 from sheet 18
cell a17. The fill handle will then only pull 2 more pieces of information -
in cell A8 it pulls from sheet 19 cell A17 and in cell A9 it pulls from sheet
20 cell A17. This is the right idea, however in cell A7 I need to pull from
sheet 2 cell A17; in cell A8 I need to pull from sheet 3 cell A17; in cell A9
I need to pull from sheet 4 cell A17 and so on. I want to be able to use the
fill handle so that it just changes to the next sheet but still pulls data
from A17. Starting with sheet 2, my sheet name is CO_1; sheet 3 is named
CO_2 and so on.

"cjgeorge" wrote in message ...
I have a workbook set up where my worksheets are linked. When I use a fill
handle one my dependant worksheet, it will not change the number by one. The
number in represents the name of the independant worksheets. Will the fill
handle not work in this case because the number is actually a name for the
worksheet itself?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Confused

You use 3* the cells A7:A9

If you want to display in A7 the info of Sheet18 then add 11 to the row() function
=INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()+11&"!A17")

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"cjgeorge" wrote in message ...
I have a workbook set up where my worksheets are linked. When I use a fill
handle one my dependant worksheet, it will not change the number by one. The
number in represents the name of the independant worksheets. Will the fill
handle not work in this case because the number is actually a name for the
worksheet itself?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In cell B7 on my dependent worksheet (sheet 1), I want to display the
information from Sheet2 cell A17. I would then like to use the fill handle
so I don't have to retype the formula in each B cell. Cell B8 on Sheet 1
should display info from Sheet 3 cell A17. Cell B9 on Sheet 1 should display
info from Sheet 4 cell A17. Cell B10 on Sheet 1 should display info from
Sheet 5 cell A17. Hopefully this makes sense. I am still not able to get
this to work quite right.

"cjgeorge" wrote in message ...
I have a workbook set up where my worksheets are linked. When I use a fill
handle one my dependant worksheet, it will not change the number by one. The
number in represents the name of the independant worksheets. Will the fill
handle not work in this case because the number is actually a name for the
worksheet itself?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In B7 this formula

=INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW()-5&"!A17")