Nigel

Default formula using date format

Hi,
i need to make my chart add figures into a running cost as certain dates of
the month arise. example:
a cost of £10.00 due on 13th Sept will not show until 13th september. Can
this be acheived using formulas or do i need to look at macros?
here is my chart i am trying to calculate. there is a column named DATE
which has the number of day only. what need is , when the day in the month
reaches that day, add the figure directly to the right onto a monthly cost. i
though that if i added the day to the month ( from the sheet name ) it will
always be correct so, can you get a formula to read a sheet name too? my
current sheet name is September.

Company Name Date Amount
Denplan 1 £ 8.99
Severn Trent 1 £ 19.37
Bupa- H&N 1 £ 45.82
Account Fee 1 £ 9.50
Halifax Life Cover 1 £ 46.00
Halifax Mortage 1 £ 680.00
Gas 5 £ 76.00
NU Healthcare 7 £ 17.50
NTL - Phone 12 £ 45.00
3 Mobile 12 £ 35.00
Bupa - J 17 £ 16.96
NTL - TV 19 £ 21.50
Council Tax 21 £ 131.00
Pet Insurance 22 £ 32.42
Ikea 22 £ 6.07
Norwich Union - Car 23 £ 33.51
Policy admin 23 £ 19.98
Electric 24 £ 22.00
Dil 28 £ 118.25
Home Insurance 30 £ 42.81
HFC Bank 31 £ 14.07

Total £ 1,441.75

Anne Troy

Hi, Nigel. You could perhaps use: =if(now()b2,c2,0) (where b2 is your date
and c2 is your amount due.
For the sheet tab, try this, but I think it'd be a pretty tough formula to
make it work with the above:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_e xcel.htm
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com