Buckwheat

Default Create a sheet name, won't let me, says already sheet named that

I've clicked on unhide to see if it was hidden, nothing shows up, I did not
hide the sheet when I originally made it, but it won't show it to me. I need
this sheet and it can't be named anything other than the original name I gave
it. Any ideas where it is?

TIA,

Vasant Nanavati

Either it somehow got deleted, or it is VeryHidden.

In the first case, you're out of luck. In the second case, go to the Project
Explorer (<Alt F11, <Ctrl R), and see if your worksheet exists in there.
If it does, you can set its Visible property to -1 and all will be well.

Good luck!

--

Vasant

"Buckwheat" wrote in message
I've clicked on unhide to see if it was hidden, nothing shows up, I did

not
hide the sheet when I originally made it, but it won't show it to me. I

need
this sheet and it can't be named anything other than the original name I

gave
it. Any ideas where it is?

TIA,

Vasant Nanavati

"Buckwheat" wrote in message
I tried that, nothing at all happened, do I just make sure my workbook is
open and then do Alt F11 and Ctr R at the same time? Or how do I do that?

Open the workbook, hit <Alt F11 to get to the Visual Basic Editor and then
<Ctrl R to open the Project Explorer (which is generally open by default
anyway). Look at the list of worksheets in the workbook and see if your
sheet is there. If you're getting a message that the sheet name exists when
you try to create it, chances are that it's in the workbook but it's
VeryHidden.

Another possibility is that your workbook is corrupted.

--

Vasant

Buckwheat

Vanant...."THANK YOU", it is there, but I can't figure out what to do to make
it show in my work book...

Thanks again, at least I know I'm not nuts!!

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

"Buckwheat" wrote in message
I tried that, nothing at all happened, do I just make sure my workbook is
open and then do Alt F11 and Ctr R at the same time? Or how do I do that?

Open the workbook, hit <Alt F11 to get to the Visual Basic Editor and then
<Ctrl R to open the Project Explorer (which is generally open by default
anyway). Look at the list of worksheets in the workbook and see if your
sheet is there. If you're getting a message that the sheet name exists when
you try to create it, chances are that it's in the workbook but it's
VeryHidden.

Another possibility is that your workbook is corrupted.

--

Vasant

Vasant Nanavati

Select the sheet in the Project Explorer, hit F4 to open the Properties
Window if it's not already open, scroll down to the Visible property and set
it to -1 (xlSheetVisible).

--

Vasant

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

"Buckwheat" wrote in message
I tried that, nothing at all happened, do I just make sure my workbook

is
open and then do Alt F11 and Ctr R at the same time? Or how do I do

that?

Open the workbook, hit <Alt F11 to get to the Visual Basic Editor and

then
<Ctrl R to open the Project Explorer (which is generally open by

default
anyway). Look at the list of worksheets in the workbook and see if your
sheet is there. If you're getting a message that the sheet name exists

when
you try to create it, chances are that it's in the workbook but it's
VeryHidden.

Another possibility is that your workbook is corrupted.

--

Vasant

Buckwheat

Vasant, Thank you so so much, this project is due tomorrow morning and my
boss has even been calling me today to make sure it's coming
along...everything you told me worked, except my f keys aren't working for
some reason but I found other ways to get to where I needed to be to do what
you told me...You guys are awesome for helping us out on this
website...Thanks, Buckwheat

"Vasant Nanavati" wrote:

"Buckwheat" wrote in message
I tried that, nothing at all happened, do I just make sure my workbook

is
open and then do Alt F11 and Ctr R at the same time? Or how do I do

that?

Open the workbook, hit <Alt F11 to get to the Visual Basic Editor and

then
<Ctrl R to open the Project Explorer (which is generally open by

default
anyway). Look at the list of worksheets in the workbook and see if your
sheet is there. If you're getting a message that the sheet name exists

when
you try to create it, chances are that it's in the workbook but it's
VeryHidden.

Another possibility is that your workbook is corrupted.

--

Vasant

Vasant Nanavati

Glad to help, and it's always nice to get some feedback.

I'm quite curious as to how the sheet might have become VeryHidden, as it's
extremely difficult to do accidentally! :)

--

Vasant